Friday, May 16, 2008

Futher renos...

It's reno-central here at the moment it seems - lately I can't walk from one room to another without tripping on a tradie of some description! ;-)

I finally got my lovely mantles up! Our place has two fireplaces (our sole heat sources) and they had functional but meh-worthy mantles. We'd brought along our lovely period mantles and the overmantle from our last place and finally got them up today! I still need to clean/polish everything but I'm too happy not to share! They're UP! TADA!!!!

(Paint is the next thing happening in this room... the pinky-red doesn't do it for me!)

And the bedroom fireplace... much more detailed carving than the pic shows, but as it's ebonized wood it's so hard to get a good picture of! Still to clean up the bricks/paint/tiles.

1 comment:

Jayne said...

Yay! They look awesome.