Thursday, February 08, 2007

pictures from today

Had to go to the real estate offices today and let everyone know we're still in the market. There's nothing that really fits what we're looking for, in our price range and not super far out. And to be honest, my heart really isn't in it, I don't want to see other places... I want these people to change their minds and sell me the one I want! Not the most reasonable attitude but heart's aren't about reason I suppose.

After doing the Grown Up Thing and looking into it despite not wanting to, I felt like I needed to be out in the forest today with some big old trees and sort of meditate on it all in a hike. In the last few days, I've gone from being on Cloud 9 about finding the perfect house and it looking like a done deal to really wanting to believe this is a bad dream I'll wake up from.

(In fact, Sif's latest post has a bunch of pictures she took from our playgroup and omg does that last one capture EXACTLY how I was feeling! Personally Sif, I think your dream about being a 'real' photographer isn't so little! I also love the Birthday Butterfly Fairy with an Attitude and the one of S pushing the two littles on the swings!

We stopped at a spot with some short hiking paths and were taken aback by these Sulpher Crested Cockatoos everywhere!

But not just cockatoos... rosellas and several other parrots!

A bit dark but you can see the sulpher crested cockatoo, the gallah cockatoo and rosellas here. Also saw kings parrots.

My babies were also very adorable together, even if Hope did boof at the park guy sticking trash into a big, billowing bag with one of those grip thingies. ;-)
La wanted to hold Hope's leash (it's green...) and reached over to give her a big hug...

At least one of them looks over when I ask them to say "cheese"! La is too busy chatting to the fairies.

Then they just sort of leaned into each-other for a moment... first La leaned into Hope, then she rested her head against him... and just a half-second after this shot she gave him a kiss.

My hooligan girlie. I just love this dog, she's such a little love!

After a long day, it's time for a nap.

No comments: