Thursday, August 06, 2009

3 year old Musings

My little man reaches over as we're cuddled up in bed this morning, looks speculatively at my stomach and pokes it.

"Mum?" he says, poking it again, "Your tummy is flat now. Lily came out."

Well... yes, Lily did come out but calling my tummy flat is a bit generous - two children have left their mark on what used to be a toned tummy. The frequent cups of sweet tea I indulge in during the winter have left their calling card as well...

He curls closer into me, snuggling into the covers and I enjoy the moment with my two little people warm and cozy, content to ignore the morning a little while longer. I'm a bit bewildered by the sudden fascination with my stomach though. He leans over and peers into my belly button intently.

"Mum, I can't see." He looks up to me, "Are you going to grow another baby like Lily in your tummy and hiccup her out when you're full?"

Hiccup her out... I can't help myself and laugh. He's certainly got an interesting idea of labor and birth!

No comments: