Completely unrelated I'm also trying to organize myself to get a plan going for all the things I want to do around this place. One of the major things I want to do is knock off more from our monthly mortgage repayment than we're currently doing. I also want to pad out our "vet/pet" savings a bit more each month as I am very keen to have another Aussie pup and either this year or next a PBGV now that La will be in school full time. I was very tempted to adopt one who came up a few weeks back but more practically I ought to attend to other things first, particularly wrt Shadow because we don't know how long that will take, neighbors weren't amused at the time and Nic is grumpy on the subject to say the least.
We need to do a major overhaul for quite a few things including:
- new computer - current is from 2003 and I want a lap top!
- new stove/oven - our current one is almost as old as me, the oven bit is completely kaput and cannot be repaired
- new washing machine and fridge - both are really old and have been fixed a million times, with the warning from the fix-it guy that they are on their last legs
- restump the area under the bathroom - the only place NOT restumped and currently sunk
- renovate the bathroom - new bathtub, flooring, tiles etc
- repair the ceiling in the study (water damage from the other year, it's fine but really ugly and warped)
- a new chainsaw and drill
- repaint and refit the laundry, study and loo
- put down pathing stones on the walks, to cover the road base and cut down on the mud the dogs drag in
- I also want to start saving toward a hydro bath and force dryer for the dogs
Part of it is that we do need to do all these things and I want to get them all sorted out of course but I am also very keen on being able to take the kids overseas - particularly I really want to have us all go to France and be able to visit Dives sur Mer, St Lo etc and financially I know that will not happen until we've taken care of those expenses and knocked a bit more off the mortgage so I'm shooting for having enough for a proper holiday there in 2012-2013.