Tuesday, March 28, 2006

The best laid plans...

Monday (I just didn't get around to posting it till Tuesday!)
How I wanted today to go: Up, cuddle-time with Nic and L, let the dogs out, let the cat out, feed/water the dogs/cat/birds/plants, breakfast, play with L, nap for L, yoga, ABA meeting, home, nap for L, meet DH at the train station, dinner, L goes to bed, we chat, bed.

Today did not go as planned... first thing upon waking up I notice a funny smell and sure enough, I have a mess to clean up from Isabella, who smashed it all over the crate before taking a wee which turned it to soup. *sigh* I then found the laundry I set to soak the other day before doing by hand is still waiting there to be done and has picked up a nasty smell. Oh and did I mention my yoga clothes were in there? The ones I needed in a few hours? Yup. Those ones. I've got to be better about laundry!

My only back-up is really old daggy track suit pants that have a small hole in a rather bad location. (I keep them as gardening pants... that's how they got the hole in the first place!) I barely manage to scarf part of my cereal before L started shrieking... he's going through this phase where he can't bear to be apart from me for more than half a minute or so, even on
his playmat. He started to look tired so I rock him off to sleep, scoop up the kitten who has been "supervising" and look outside to see the dogs are IN MY GARDEN snarfing dynamic lifter and COVERED, all three of 'em, absolutely head to toe in a mix of chicken poo, cow poo, mud and mulch. *SIGH* I holler at the dogs to get inside, lay on their bed and stay.

I still have to finish disinfecting the darn crate from earlier, L has woken up again and I have to wash his nappies. (Which are still OMG SO ADORABLE!) I think yoga just took a flying leap out the window for today... and by the time I gave up trying to keep him asleep it was 1:16 and too late to leave for the ABA meeting.

Instead we scheduled a trip to the DIY hydrobath for the dogs, chucked the child in the sling and washed the dog's squeaky clean. L still didn't take a nap, though we did get to meet DH at the train station (L is nuts about trains even at this age! LOL Guess I'll have to order some train nappys!) and he was sooooooo sweet, he'd stopped off and bought 3 beautiful roses because I'd had a bad day. So one to represent each of us! *squishies my DH*

Dinner: Coconut-Ginger-Chicken Soup and Nic's Special Fried Rice

The Soup
200g boneless skinless chicken breast
2T vegie oil
1 stalk lemon grass, crushed and cut into 1-1.5cm bits
3 kaffir lime leaves
1/2-1 red or green chilli, seeds removed
12 slices Thai ginger
400 ml coconut cream
1 cup water
1 disc of palm sugar
salt and pepper
Cut chicken into bite sized bits, saute in oil till it changes color,
remove, place the lemongrass, lime leaves, chilli and ginger in saucepan
with the coconut cream and water, bring to boil, reduce to simmer for 5
minutes, add in chicken and palm sugar, cook briefly to mingle flavours,
season with salt and pepper to taste.

The special fried rice is non-recipe. It's special fried rice with whatever
veggie bits we have around, whatever seasonings he feels like adding and
this time... the rest of the char siu pork instead of lup chang. YUM!

CADE
Did a quick warm up 10 treats, first 1 second, 3 seconds, 5 seconds, 10 seconds
Trial 1, 10x to count of 10 - 2 times little glance away for less than 1 second during
Trial 2, 10x to count of 10 minus those little glances away! Got that except on the 9th time he decided to glance away... I'm evil, I decided this meant he wanted me to give his cookie to Sierra. The look on his face... OMG! SHOCK! HORROR! *snickers*
Trial 3, 10x to count of 10 minus glances The 2nd time and 8th time, cookies went to Sierra. The rest of the time he kept them locked on me. The 9th and 10th times he gave whiney grumbles to let me know how disgruntled he was.
Trial 4, 10x to count of 10 minus glances Goal: to get this solid 2x before starting to attach cue "watch".
Concerns: while he is offering the eye contact from standing, sitting and down positions and on my right and left side, he is orienting straight to me and may not transfer this to heel position
Trial 4, 10x to count of 10 minus glances, 7th treat went to Sierra... whiney muttering resulted
KIBBLE PAR-TAY!

SIERRA
Goal: One peck method: how many can we get with 20 tries? 18.. one treat to Izzy and one to Cade
Goal: One peck method: how many can we get with 20 tries? 29.. one treat to Izzy
KIBBLE PAAR-TAY!

No comments: